UNC Charlotte has engaged BerryDunn, an independent management and information technology (IT) consulting firm experienced with higher education, to work with the University to develop an IT Master Plan.
The IT Master Planning process will entail two phases. Phase One will be an assessment of UNC Charlotte’s IT operations, services, resources, and organization. Phase Two will build upon this assessment work to help us develop an actionable IT Master Plan and a sustainable planning process that supports the strategic mission and goals of the University.
The planning process will:
- Engage all facets of campus constituents to understand perspectives and needs
- Enable everyone on campus to gain more benefit from IT
- Align our services to support our future operations
- Help us create a more efficient and secure information technology environment
- Prepare the University to leverage new opportunities and identify sustainable funding
- Align IT Master Plan with existing campus plans
All IT services and resources (not just those of the central ITS office) will be considered in order to lay the groundwork for the University-wide IT Master Plan.
This project will occur over the course of the 2013 calendar year. We look forward to broad participation and engagement from our University community in this very important effort.
Wordcloud created with Wordle